OBI Policy Manager:
Joel Fischer, Senior Policy Analyst
Mission: Develop policies that support economic growth across traditional and emerging sectors.
- Support a robust, sustainable and competitive economy.
- Enhance livability for all Oregonians.
- Increase per capita income to the national average.
Current Priority Issues:
- Food Innovation Initiative:
- Soil to Shelf: OBI supports the expansion and upgrade of OSU facilities in the proposed "Soil to Shelf" project for the brewing, wine and dairy processing programs.
- Food Innovation Center: OBI supports full funding of the OSU Statewide Programs and develop a financially sustainable business model and public-private funding model to expand the capacity and scale of services offered at the Food Innovation Center. Seeking support for SB 805.
- Market Access: Pass a statewide transportation improvements package that adequately invests in highways, roads, bridges, and other critical transportation infrastructure. Seeking support of a robust transportation package.
- Oregon Manufacturing Innovation Center: OBI supports creation of the Oregon Manufacturing Innovation Center (OMIC) in Scappoose. The project’s founding partners – The Boeing Company, the broader regional metals manufacturing industry and employers, Portland Community College (PCC), Portland State University (PSU), Oregon State University (OSU) and Oregon Tech – seek to establish a training and research center for advanced manufacturing.
- Phil and Penny Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact: OBI supports efforts to make the Knight Campus a national and global leader in fast-track scientific discoveries into innovations that improve quality of life