Transportation & Distribution
AOI Policy Manager
Mike Freese, Vice President
Transportation infrastructure is critical to businesses and communities, moving freight and people, and supporting the state’s economy. However, transportation infrastructure, both new and existing, requires sustainable funding to support business needs, economic grown, and provide the quality of life Oregonians value. For that reason, Associated Oregon Industries is working closely with Legislators to ensure that a bipartisan, responsible, and balanced transportation package passes in 2017. This package should:
- Maintain and protect our state infrastructure investments.
- Increase our ConnectOregon funding for multimodal transportation infrastructure.
- Reduce congestion and improve people and freight mobility.
- Improve Oregon’s public transit systems across the state.
- Build a smarter transportation system equipped for today’s and tomorrow’s needs.