Education and Workforce Development
Mission. OBI supports educational excellence, sound funding and meaningful accountability at all levels—from pre-kindergarten through postsecondary education and workforce preparation.
This focus on educational excellence begins with ensuring that Oregon’s youngest citizens receive the family and community support they need to be ready for school. Once students have entered school, OBI’s focus shifts to K-12 and the need to prepare students with the skills necessary to succeed. Expanding access to post-secondary education is the critical next step, and beyond that is the need to ensure that students are ready for a career, regardless of the type of education they pursue.
Current Priority Issues
- Early learning, including parenting education, child care, preschool, kindergarten readiness.
- K-12, with emphasis on completion and meeting higher standards.
- Postsecondary education, including trades, credentials, community college, university.
- CTE and STEM education, connecting education to careers.
- General workforce development for all Oregonians.