COVID-19: Business Response Coalition
Even from our homes, we are still having conversations with state and local leaders about what the business community needs to survive during this crisis. We are working in close coordination with nearly 50 business associations to urge lawmakers to prioritize economic relief alongside public health.
- Liability Protection for Businesses, Schools and other Entities (6/16/2020)
- OBI Letter to Congress Regarding Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness (6/12/2020)
- In testimony before the House Interim Committee on Judiciary, Fawn Barrie, principal at Legislative Advocates, the firm that represents OBI in the Capitol, told lawmakers that businesses face unprecedented issues as they reopen across the state. She urged lawmakers to follow the lead of other states by providing temporary liability protections for Oregon industries. You can view her testimony here and see her presentation here.
- OBI Vice President Paloma Sparks testified in front of the House Interim Committee on Business & Labor on May 27 about the importance of maintaining the fair standards that define our state’s worker’s compensation system, and how businesses can begin to reopen safely while protecting their workers and workplaces. You can find her slides below and view the entire committee meeting here.
- Business Groups Letter to Leadership Regarding Revenue Forecast (5/20/2020)
- Letter to Leadership (5/6/2020)
- Letter to Gov. Brown (5/6/2020)
- West Coast Association Letter (4/27/2020)
- Letter from Gov. Brown to OBI on DOR Student Success (4/24/2020)
- Business Leaders Repeat Call for CAT Relief (4/8/2020)
- BOLI Manufacturing Overtime Temporary Administrative Order (3/27/2020)
- CAT Relief Letter (3/26/2020)
- Business Letter to Gov. Brown on Essential Business List (3/22/2020)
- Business Needs in Response to COVID-19 (3/18/2020)